1) Melt 25g of butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
2) Add 2 bananas, (thickly sliced) and cook for about two minutes, turning the slices occasionally.
3) Add 25g of muscavado sugar and stir until lightly caramelised. Then add 2 tbsp of dark rum and allow to bubble.
4) Carefully ignite mixture with burning taper or match. Once the flames have subsided, serve bananas with ice cream.
How NOT to Flambé a Banana
1) Hold banana.
2) Drink large quantity of rum.
3) Ignite self … (very, VERY bad idea!)
Photo courtesy of the International Banana Club.